Hello friends, Good morning and welcome TODAY TO WORLD LAUGHTER DAY, a new day for excitement, happiness, health and energy filling day. This day is celebrated to emphasis and spread the awareness of laughter and its healing benefits.
It gives me pleasure to announce that the first “World Laughter Day” took place in Mumbai, India, on 11th of January 1998 by Dr Madan Kataria who was the founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement. 12,000 members from local and international Laughter Clubs joined together in a mega laughter session. He was inspired to start this movement due to the facial feedback hypothesis which states that the facial muscles movements have a positive impact on the emotions.
“When you laugh, you change and when you change the whole world changes around you.” – Dr. Madan Kataria
“HAPPY-DEMIC” was the first World Laughter Day gathering outside India. It took place on 9th January 2000, in Copenhagen, Denmark and more than 10,000 people gathered in the Town Hall Square. The event went into the Guinness Book of World records.
Laughter is the best medicine ……as the old saying goes.
Let us know what it helps us and the benefits of this medicine.
- Relaxes whole body: it relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Burns calories: Laughing for 10 to 15 minutes a day can burn about 40 calories
- Laughing triggers the release of endorphins. It is a natural feel-good chemical and temporarily relieves pain.
- Boosts the immune system: As it decreases the stress hormones and increases immune cells to fight against infections.
- Lightens anger’s heavy load: You start looking at the funny side of problems and changes our perspective to move on from confrontations without holding onto bitterness or resentment.
- Triggers the release of endorphins: the body’s natural feel-good chemicals.
- Improves the functioning of the heart and the cardiovascular system.
- Last but not least INCREASES QUALITY LIFE YEARS.