What is fever?
Anything above 100.4 F is considered a fever.
Why fever occurs?
It’s a sign your body is doing what it should when germs invade. It’s fighting them off. Your immunity is active.
1. viral fever like dengue, chikungunya, covid
2. upper respiratory tract. infection, tonsilitis, pharyngitis.
4. Gastrointestinal tract like food poisoning, worms
5. ear infections.
6. common childhood diseases like chicken pox, after vaccinations.
WHEN TO CONTACT DOCTOR???
When your child
- under 3 months and has a temperature of 38°C (101°F) or above
- over 3 months and has a temperature of 39°C (102°F) or above
- has persistent vomiting
- refusing to feed
- drowsy or difficult to wake.
- fits or seizures
what you should do as first aid for fever?
If your child has a fever, it’s important to keep them hydrated by giving them plenty of water or if infants, they can be given liquids such as breast milk or formula. Even if your child isn’t thirsty, try to get them to drink a little and often to keep their fluid levels up.
If the environment is warm, you could help your child to stay at a comfortable temperature by covering them with a lightweight sheet or opening a window.
The most useful and effective way of reducing the high fever immediately. It should be done with the towel soaked and squeezed well with LUKEWARM OR WARM water as per comfort to the child …it should be done from head to toe and front as well back too. Repeat it till fever comes down.
HOMOEOPATHY AND FEVER MEDICINES:
Some very useful and effective medicines are Aconite, Belladona, Gelsemium, Bryonia, Puls, Nux vomica, Chamomilla. These medicines give not only quick and fast relief but also save children from bitter and unnecessary too much conventional medicines. It also has no worries of antibiotic resistance with everlasting cure and immunity booster.
These medicines to be taken under the guidance of the homoeopath.