WHAT IS COLD AND COUGH?
A common cold is a runny nose, sneezing due to various viruses causing discomfort.
- The common cold is an infection of the nose and throat (upper respiratory tract infection) that can be caused by one of more than 200 viruses. Rhinoviruses are the most common.
- bacteria.eg streptococcus.
- allergic eg pollen, strong fumes, chemical gases, tobacco smoke.
- foreign body eg coin, peppermints.
What are signs and symptoms of a common cold
Trouble nursing or taking a bottle due to nose block.
Nasal discharge that may be clear at first but might thicken and turn yellow or green.
WHY BABIES GET IT SO FREQUENTLY?
Babies are especially likely to get the common cold, in part because they’re often around older children. Also, they have not yet developed immunity to many common infections. Within the first year of life, most babies have six to eight colds.
When to seek medical help?
- Refuses to nurse or accept fluids ought hard enough to cause vomiting
- changes in skin color
- Coughs up blood-tinged mucus
- Has difficulty breathing or is bluish around the lips
- unusually low energy or sleepiness
Ear infection, sinusitis
Asthma agg if the tendency.
Pnuemonia, bronchitis, croup.
DO AND DONOTS:
- There’s no vaccine for the common cold.
- The best defence against the common cold is commonsense precautions and frequent hand-washing.
- AVOID UNNECESSARY USE OF ANTIBIOTICS as it has no role in viral cough.
- proper hydrate the children, plenty of water and fluids.
- Give warm water with lemon juice and honey, make kadha of tulsi, ginger, cinnamon, lemongrass if available.
WHAT ARE IMMUNITY BOOSTERS IN HOMOEOPATHY?
Immunity boosters are those medicines based
- Constitution of child.
- Tendencies to catch cold.
- Body temperaments.
- Family history.
- Past history.
THUS WELL SELECTED HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE NOT ONLY GIVES QUICK RELIEF AS WELL COMPLETE CURE.
HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES USED IN COLD N COUGH:
- Allium Cepa
- Hepar Sulph Calc
- Natrum Muriaticum
- Merc sol
Watch my video on the topic on this https://youtu.be/potSZc0coVglink..