Diet guidelines for the PCOS.
- Low Glycemic Index….whole grains, MILLETS,
- Seeds like barley, quinoa.
- Green leafy vegetables, low sugar fruits….add fibre to meal.
- Low GI foods control insulin levels which then further control other hormones.
- Ideally 0.8 to 1.0g/kg body weight.
- Includes pulses, cereals, even animal protein is recommended.
- Healthy fats like GHEE esp cow and fats from nuts and seeds are essential for vitamin absorption.
- Saturated fats like butter are not recommended.
- Transfats in packaged foods should be avoided.
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseeds and Pumpkin seeds to be had in the first 14 days of the cycle. they are antiandrogenic and boost estrogen production.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds and sesame seeds to be had in the next days of cycle. They are helping progestrone release.